Grade II Listed
Grade II Listed, St Vincent de Paul Church is part of the Diocese of Shrewsbury in lies the heart of Altrincham, Cheshire. This was the first Roman Catholic church built in Altrincham around 1860 due to the influx of Irish immigrants in the 1830s and 1840s who returned Roman Catholicism in the Altrincham area.
Aura Conservation were appointed to carry out external and internal restoration works to the church. Prior to works commencing full protection was carefully installed to all internal fixtures and fittings.
Lime re-plastering was then carried out to the west elevation and specified internal areas followed by full internal re-decoration and introduction of a full new lighting system.
Externally coping stones and sting courses were carefully lifted and re-bedded to the porch, the high level west gable and south and north transept areas. Weak and friable mortar was raked out and repointed to areas of brickwork to the west gable and turrets, the west main porch entrance and the north transept area.